Saturday, May 7, 2011

Review: Singularity

   Even though this game came out almost a year ago my brother decided to buy it. And despite the bad reviews I thought I'd put my two sense in.
   In the beginning of the game you're a grunt in the U.S. army and are investigating the island Katorga-12, which I guess is a real island off the coast of Russia. But in Singularity it is used to mine and research the new found element called E-99 and all its powers. But on the flyover of the island an EMP goes off and causes your helicopter to crash on the island and strands you by yourself on the island. While there another "EMP" goes off and you find yourself being teleported back in time. You get help for the past to escape the island, and to find "tools" to save important people for the past and present. A professor from the past tells you that you need to find a tool called TMD(Time Manipulation Device) and use it in a vast majority of ways.
   But my favorite part of the game is the whole concept of time travel. I know it's not the first but it seems to be the best. The end is by far my favorite part of the game, but I'm not gonna give anything away because you'll have to find out on your own how confusing and awesome the end is.
   This game also supports online multiplayer which I have to say is really fun on many levels. In it you're either a mutated creature or a human. Equipped with the TMD and a weapon of your choice your objective it to restore beacons and keep them active by preventing the creatures from destroying them. While you're a creature you get a variety of different ones to choose from, each of them having their own pros and cons, and their objective is to prevent the humans from restoring the beacons.

   All in all this game was really fun for my brother and I, but it had a couple things I would have liked to be different.


☆ ☆ ☆ ☆






No comments:

Post a Comment