Sunday, June 24, 2012

Game Review: Bastion

     Alrighty, I know it's been almost a year since I've posted something(I've had A LOT going on for a while). But if I've done anything the same as I always do it's play video games.
     The latest one being Bastion. I played the demo of this game when it first came out and fell in love with everything about it.
     The game-play in this game was amazing. You easily could get around in the world you were playing in. The combat was intense and fun all at the same time, you could choose to be a lone gunslinger or go all out and beat the crap out of your enemies. The art in this game was just awesome too, soon after starting this game I was totally sucked in by how clean cut the images were and the animations of your character "the kid". And last but definitely not least, the music, the first time I started up the game I was tempted to just lay on my bed and listen to it. Each level had it's own personality with the help of the music. You were in a town one level edging to the forest, then in the next level the music sucked you in yet again and made you feel like you were in a wet and abandoned forest fighting for your life.
     The story of this game is amazing too. So much so I beat it in almost two sittings(long sittings at that). You start off waking up on a floating rock and as you start walking it's like the ground is telling you where to go by forming into trails for you to walk on. You start off in a town after "the calamity" has taken place, the ground takes you to the "Bastion"(a place everyone in the town should go to when something bad happens). But when you get there you only find one person, you just call him the "Stranger" for you never know his name. He tells you what has happened to the Bastion and that it is in need of repair. The only way to repair it is to go out into the "Wilds" and find cores. Once you do that you fix up the Bastion and find out even more secrets about the Bastion and what happened when the calamity struck.
     Although the whole game is amazing, I think my personal favorite thing about the game is the fact that the stranger is narrating. But yeah, in the end I highly recommend this game to all the people that actually read my blog.
     ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ 








No comments:

Post a Comment